When I posted the first comments on FCPX 4 weeks ago, I thought I was going to be strung up and burned at the stake by some of the commentary. Now everyone seems resolute to the fact that FCPX is finally out and it does not do a lot of what its predecessor did.
I am waiting for Lion at this point, since the people I am talking to are waiting for the release also.
There is no guarantee that when Lion ships any of the tools will work there anymore than they do now.
Someone will make it work, there is too much money on the line for any of it to be left on the table, someone will snatch it up if Apple does not want the Pro space.
Avid and Autodesk have made great products for a long time and Premier has come a very long way since some of us used it to join the pre-FCP multi-media revolution.
I just keep thinking, with all of that power underneath FCPX when that epiphany of knowledge the app is mining will make itself aware.
Mitch Jacobsen's Friday evening video chat for the Editors Guild was released over the weekend.
Myself, Scot Simmons, Phillip Hodgetts, Larry Jordan, Steve Hullfish, Angus Mackay and others joined in to talk about the FCPX, Avid and what is comming for the future.
or from the editors guild web site.
Even as I get ready to publish the next of my articles on FCPX, the enviroment is changing so fast it is hard to keep up.
From the News wires today about a highlevel meeting with EU broadcasters held yesterday in London.
• FCP XML in/out is coming via 3rd party soon
• FCPX EDL import/export coming soon
• FCPX AJA plugins coming soon for tape capture and layback; capture straight into FCPX [events].
• XSAN support for FCPX coming in the next few weeks
• FCPX Broadcast video output via Blackmagic & AJAVideo coming soon
• Additional codec support for FCPX via 3rd Parties coming soon
• Customizable sequence TC in FCPX for master exports coming soon
• Some FCPX updates will be free
It was also revealed that Apple is working on allowing existing enterprise deployments under FCS3 to purchase additional licenses.