: Richard Harrington's Blog
: Some Social Media Statistics
WHY BOTHER WITH SOCIAL MEDIA?
Because it's worth it. Here are a few statistics about the size of social media:
- 96% of Generation Y uses social networks.
- If Facebook were a country, it would be the fourth largest.
- 300,000+ businesses have a Facebook page.
- Dell has sold $3 million dollars of computers on Twitter.
- Only 18% of TV campaigns generate a return on investment.
- Ford Motors spends 25% of its marketing budget on social media -- and didn't need a government bailout.
- The average American watches 124 videos per month online
- 70% of 18-34 year olds watch TV on the web -- but only 35% use a TiVo.
- 24 out of 25 of the top newspapers are experiencing record declines.