|When working with the Levels adjustment layer, you may have noticed the Auto button. This command button triggers an analysis of the histogram data by Photoshop that is then used to modify the individual controls of the Levels adjustment. In many cases this results in an image that is properly adjusted for color balance and exposure issues. In others it will get you closer to a corrected image.|
1. Add a Levels adjustment layer by clicking the Levels icon in the Adjustments panel.
2. Click the Auto button to perform an automated adjustment for the image. The image’s levels and color are adjusted.
3. To refine how the automatic adjustment works, hold down the Option (Alt) key and click the Auto button again. A new dialog box opens.
4. Select Enhance Per Channel Contrast and Snap Neutral Midtones to create a very natural balance of colors for the image.
5. Click OK to close the dialog box.
6. Adjust the middle slider (gray) to refine the Levels adjustment to taste.
When working with the Levels adjustment layer, you may have noticed the Auto button. This command button triggers an analysis of the histogram data by Photoshop that is then used to modify the individual controls of the Levels adjustment. In many cases this results in an image that is properly adjusted for color balance and exposure issues. In others it will get you closer to a corrected image.
Get the new book – Understanding Adobe Photoshop CS6
Get the whole chapter for free here – Download Chapter 10: Color Correction and Enhancement
|Adobe just released new features to Creative Cloud members. This is the start of a new trend that brings new features first to Creative Cloud members. While I'm looking to some more video and photo features, this first release targets web and illustration. New features were released today for Illustrator, Adobe Muse, and Edge preview.|
- Adobe Illustrator has three new features — available only to Creative Cloud members — that give you the ability to package files, un-embed images, and do more with the Links panel. To access these features, update Illustrator from its main menu by choosing Help > Updates.
- Adobe Muse – now includes built-in support for contact forms and many other new exclusive features.
- Adobe Edge Animate preview – now has resizable layouts, rulers and guides, and a more precise timeline. If you used Edge in the past, you’ll notice we’ve also updated the name.
This is one new feature that looks really useful:
To update Adobe Muse or Edge Animate preview, simply open either application and follow the instructions on the updater screen. To download any of these applications for the first time, go to www.creativecloud.com.
|Are you an existing Adobe Premiere Pro or After Effects instructor?|
Are you looking to get certified to teach the official courses offered at training centers around the globe?
Don't miss the chance to take the official Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Certification Course to be held in Los Angeles.
Premiere Pro CS5 instructors must be re-certified in order to teach Premiere Pro CS6‹so don¹t miss this opportunity.
Monday, August 13 - Thursday, August 16
9:00am - 5:00pm daily
Los Angeles, CA USA
The venue will be determined based on class size.
Sign up early and get a $250 discount. Early bird registration fee is only $1,500.00 through Friday July 13. Standard registration is $1,750 after July 13. Includes a 12-month membership to Creative Cloud and all training materials.
Light breakfast and lunch provided each day.
Travel & Lodging:
Plan to arrive the evening prior to the start date. The course will last for 4 full days, ending after 5:00 on Thursday. Plan your departure accordingly. Please see the registration site for lodging recommendations.
COURSE DETAILSWhat¹s covered:
- Overview to the new Adobe Certification Program
- Classroom set-up strategies
- Book methodology with new books supporting the CS6 version
- A detailed walk-through of the 101 and 250 Teacher¹s Guides
- What Makes a positive classroom experience: Premiere Pro CS6 teaching strategies
- Instructor presentations and discussions: Trainers will be required to deliver a unit from each course
- Stand-up certification with peer evaluations
ADDITIONAL BENEFITSIn addition, each attendee will receive the following:
- A complimentary 12-month Adobe Creative Cloud membership. This membership provides you with a comprehensive set of tools including the full offering of Adobe Creative Suite 6 desktop applications, Adobe Touch Apps, services and community features.
- Instructor's Kit ($250 value).
- We realize this program is outside the traditional Adobe certification. Please note that attendance is mandatory for both certification and re-certification for Premiere Pro CS6.
UNABLE TO ATTEND?If you unable to make the August date in Los Angeles, please send an email with your name and location to Doug Crookston. Doug will notify you of future sessions.
TRAINING IN THE UKAn additional session is planned for late September in London. Send an email to Doug Crookston to indicate your interest in attending the session in London. You will be notified once our plans are final.
| Adobe Story has been dropped from the standalone versions of Adobe Creative Suite 6. Here are some official details.|
What change did you make?
We have decided to remove Adobe Story CS6 from the perpetual versions of Master Collection, Production Premium, Premiere Pro and After Effects.
Why did you pull story from Master Collection, Production Premium, Premiere Pro and After Effects?
We were bundling a static AIR version of Adobe Story with these products through the Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 cycle, while this gave users access to Adobe Story, we updated the core application four times throughout the year, leaving the perpetual users with technology that was not the latest version. Adobe Story was designed to be a collaborative cloud service from day one and with the big push toward services with the upcoming announcement of Creative Cloud, we've made the decision to move Adobe Story to a full services model.
What versions are still available?
Adobe Story is available now with Adobe Story Free, as an online scripting tool. Adobe Story Plus, a collaborative pre-production tool with integrated scheduling and scriptwriting capabilities is expected to be available as a stand-alone subscription, as well as a version with the upcoming Adobe Creative Cloud Subscription.
|I've posted an article over at Tip Squirrel about using video inside Adobe Photoshop Extended – http://www.tipsquirrel.com/index.php/2012/02/filtering-a-video-clip-with-ph...|
Photoshop’s filters are pretty powerful (and certainly diverse). Knowing this, you may find yourself wanting to apply a filter to a video clip. This is very possible, but there’s a specific workflow you must follow.First, you must use Photoshop Extended to open a video clip. Other versions of Photoshop can’t do this task. If you run a filter on a video clip on its own, the filter will only apply to the current frame. This is why you must convert the video layer into a Smart Object. You can create Smart Objects by choosing File > Place or by choosing Filter > Convert for Smart Filters. Remember, a Smart Object embeds the original content of the layer inside the Smart Object.
Read the whole article here.
This post sponsored by iStockphoto – Save 10% – Get a Free Audio Track
When working in Photoshop CS4 or CS5, you’ll see that the entire user interface is contained within an Application Frame. This frame will block out your desktop and generally makes it easier to keep the many panels and interface elements neatly organized. Across the top of the frame is the Application bar, which attempts to consolidate several commands into one strip. Photoshop has been reorganized to emphasize task-based workflows, which attempt to guide you to the right tools.
- View Extras – Lets you see things like Guides, Grids, and Rulers.
- Zoom Level– Lets change magnification levels of your image.
- Layout Control – Allows you to display different number of open documents in a tiled view or as tabs.
- Screen Mode Switcher – Lets you access Photoshop’s three screen modes that affect how the user interface is presented on your monitor.
- Workspace switcher – Allows you to switch between different arrangements of windows designed for specific tasks like color correction, typography, video, and web. For the rest of this chapter we’ll be using the Essentials workspace.
Tip: Frame & Panels Begone!On a Mac you can disable the Application Frame if you decide you don’t like it. Simply choose Window > Application Frame to toggle it on or off. To turn all panels off, simply press the Tab key. If you want to disable all panels except the Tools panel and Options panel, press Shift+Tab.